Friday, July 17, 2015

A New Blog

I started my author's blog about six years ago. When I set out, my idea of what blogging as a full-time writer would be like was a little foggy. Over time, I've felt my way around, stumbled, found sure footing, stumbled and finally have gotten to the point that I feel like I've started to figure things out. My pathway toward becoming a well-fed writer hasn't been an easy one, but in my experience that's just how writing and a lot of other jobs go.

The whole purpose of this blog is to give people a look at the behind-the-scenes work that I do as a writer. Most readers, both of my books and articles, don't give a damn how I come up with ideas, craft language, market my work, etc. All they really care about is if what I write entertains them, which is okay. But I know a lot of writers and others do care about my process, thoughts on the craft, etc. That's why I started this blog.

My other blog is going to stay active, but it'll be more about my finished products, news that relates to the types of things I write, etc. Here will be more personal as I explore what's under the hood.


No comments:

Post a Comment